Founded in 1991, Asset Strategy Consultants (ASC) is a privately held, independent investment management consulting firm. We provide unbiased, customized consulting solutions to fiduciaries of endowments/foundations, retirement plans and insurance companies.
ASC is a Registered Investment Advisor with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Our firm is not affiliated with any providers of investment products and operates with no conflicts of interest. ASC strives to insure there is a complete alignment of interest with our valued clients.
- Founded in 1991 as an independent consulting firm
- No conflicts of interest
- The only compensation we receive comes from our Clients
- No Competing Lines of Business
- Investment Products
- Brokerage Execution
- 100% privately owned.
- Clients are primarily organizations that sponsor endowments/foundations, retirement plans and insurance companies.
- Depth of resources and true open architecture in investment manager research and selection.
- In-house research team that generates proprietary customized investment research for clients.
- Extensive experience with alternative investments.
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
- Private Real Estate
- Private Real Assets
- Venture Capital
Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, with offices in:
Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
Charleston, South Carolina
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive and objective process designed to optimize portfolio performance.
We are focused on assisting endowments/foundations, retirement plans and insurance companies with defining and realizing the objectives of their investment portfolios or plans, and providing unbiased recommendations and education. We pride ourselves on our open architecture platform, being pro-active and offering custom solutions to each of our valued clients.
- Always be an advocate for our clients, and put client interests first.
- Acknowledge our role as a fiduciary in servicing our clients.
- Avoid any potential conflict of interest.
- Provide full transparency in services provided and fees charged for our services.
- Pursue a long-term strategic approach to portfolio management, with focus on managing downside risk and maximizing portfolio returns.
Our Best Asset: Our Team
We firmly believe that our people are our greatest asset, and we have built a staff of highly qualified and experienced professionals.
Our analytical and consulting professionals average over 23 years of experience and we have experienced minimal staff turnover since our inception, which allows for excellent continuity in our professional staff, and client relationships.
Designations and their Definitions
We maintain a very high staffing level in our analytical team, with approximately 25% of our staff engaged in analytical positions. These individuals have earned the following professional education designations:
- AIF (Accredited Investment Fiduciary)
- AIFA® (Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst®)
- ARPC (Accredited Retirement Plan Consultant)
- CBFA (Certified Behavioral Finance Analyst)
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- CIMA (Certified Investment Management Analyst)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- CPC (Certified Pension Consultant)
- GFS (Global Fiduciary Strategist)
- MAFM (Master of Accounting & Financial Management)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- PFS (Personal Financial Specialist)
- PPC (Professional Plan Consultant)
- QKA (Qualified 401(k) Administrator)
- QPA (Qualified Pension Administrator)
- QPFC (Qualified Plan Financial Consultant)